When it comes to keeping your family safe, you don’t cut corners, and neither do we.
Your furnace is a controlled fire burning in your home to keep you warm all winter long. Of course, when everything is working right, it won’t do damage to your house. That’s because of special safety controls installed in your furnace! If something requires that many safety controls, you can imagine there’s a lot that could go wrong.
Fire, dangerous gases like carbon monoxide, and other hazards are all kept at bay when your safety controls are working properly. But how do you know they’re working?
You could attempt to check things out yourself, but that can be dangerous, and there are a lot of things in your heating system that aren’t visible to the naked eye. Let us check for you with a Check’N’Check... and Check!
We’ll check everything, and we mean everything! And we check it super thoroughly because we don’t take shortcuts, especially when your family’s safety is involved. If we have to take something apart to see it better just so we can be SURE it’s working right, we will. Not only that, but all our technicians have special tools and mirrors to help them see into the equipment to check it inside and out for any concerns!
If your tech finds anything wrong, they’ll take photos for you and explain what it is and how we can fix it right away. If you prefer seeing things for yourself, you can ask your tech to take you to the equipment and show you.
Depending on the type of system you have, here are SOME of the things we’ll be checking for:
- Test Carbon Monoxide Levels
- Check Electrical Heat Strips and High Voltage Wiring (these are the biggest threats to safety on an air handler/heat pump!)
- Test for Correct Rotation of Fan Blower
- Test & Tighten Electrical Connections
- Test Fan Speed for Winter Operation
- Inspect Evaporator Coil
- Test Defrost Cycle on a Heat Pump (a little bit of frost is normal with a heat pump)
- Test Compressor Efficiency and Valves
- Inspect Heat Exchanger for Cracks (cracks can leak carbon monoxide into your home!)
- Test Flue for Proper Venting
- Test for Gas Leaks at Furnace
- Test Manifold Gas Pressure and Thermocouple Output
- Test Fan Control and Temperature Rise through Furnace
While we’re at it, we’ll check your filters and your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, too. When we say we’ll check everything, we mean everything!
If you wanna learn more about your furnace’s safety controls and what they do, check out our blog.
To make it easier than ever to keep your family safe and warm, schedule your Check’N’Check... and Check today!