We’ll install your new furnace the right way
All of our furnace installations include:
We don’t charge to tell you how much we’re going to charge.
Flat-rate, upfront pricing.
No sticker shock here. You’ll always know what you’re going to pay before the installation begins.
Courteous and friendly staff
From top to bottom. What can we say? We take after Mr. Jenkins himself.
Signs you need a new furnace
Think it might be time for a new furnace? You should probably replace yours if:
- It’s 15+ years old. Most furnaces only last 15–20 years. If yours is approaching that age, it’s time to start thinking about a new one.
- You’re seeing frequent repairs. If your furnace has needed a lot of repairs lately, that’s usually a sign that it’s on its way out. You’re usually better off investing in a new unit, rather than throwing money into multiple repairs.
- Your heating bills are getting higher. Furnaces naturally lose efficiency as they get older, which means they have to work harder (and use more energy) to heat your home.
- Your warranty has expired. This means the manufacturer will no longer guarantee (and cover the cost of) a part if it dies. You’d be stuck paying for an entire repair out of pocket, which might not be worth it in the long run.
How your furnace installation works
1) Schedule your appointment
Call us at (704) 357-0484 or contact us online (we’ll get back to you within 5 minutes) to schedule an appointment day and time that works for you. You’ll get a confirmation email with a picture of your tech, so you know who’s coming to your home.
2) Choose your system
One of our furnace techs will come to your home to talk with you about your heating needs and to find the right size furnace for your home. Then, you’ll decide which system you want (we’ll give you a few options).
3) Get your furnace installed
We’ve been doing this since 1958, so we’re a well-oiled machine when it comes to furnace installations. Your tech will install your new system either that same day or the next—without cutting corners, of course.
4) Tell us how we did
We want to hear how our team did—whether it’s good or bad. After your installation, we’ll make sure you have the chance to talk with us about your service.
Furnace terms you should know
If you’re shopping around for a new furnace, you’ve probably seen a lot of terms you don’t know. We’ll explain some of the lingo for you.
- BTUs (British Thermal Units): BTUs refer to a furnace’s size. We’ll calculate what size furnace your home needs during a free, in-home consultation.
- AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency): AFUE measures a furnace’s efficiency level. The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the unit—which means lower energy bills.
- Two-stage heating: Units with a two-stage burner valve, which controls how much fuel enters the burner, can open to 3 positions (open, partially open and closed). This allows the furnace to adjust for whatever level of heating your home needs, which increases comfort levels and lowers energy bills.
- Variable-speed blower motor: The blower is the part of the furnace that circulates air through your home. Variable-speed blowers can adjust airflow speed based on your home’s heating needs, making them super efficient.
We make furnace installations easy for you
Every little thing we do, we do to make your life easier. That’s why we offer:
We install your furnace when it’s convenient for you, not us. That’s why we offer service late at night and on the weekends.
We’re a well-oiled machine when it comes to furnace installations, which is why our install times are much shorter than other companies.
No cut corners
Because we focus on the quality of the installation, instead of pushing a particular brand, your furnace will be installed the right way.