Signs you need a new heat pump
You’re probably due for a new heat pump if:
- It’s 15+ years old. Most heat pumps only last 15–20 years. If yours is approaching that age, it’s time to start thinking about a new one.
- You’re seeing frequent repairs. If your heat pump has needed a lot of repairs lately, that’s usually a sign that it’s on its way out. You’re usually better off investing in a new unit, rather than throwing money into multiple repairs.
- Your heating bills are getting higher. Heat pumps naturally lose efficiency as they get older, which means they have to work harder (and use more energy) to heat your home.
- Your warranty has expired. This means the manufacturer will no longer guarantee (and cover the cost of) a part if it dies. You’d be stuck paying for an entire repair out of pocket, which might not be worth it in the long run.
Heat pump terms you should know
Shopping around for a new heat pump? You’ve probably seen a lot of unfamiliar terms. We’ll explain some of the lingo for you.
- SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio): SEER measures a heat pump’s cooling efficiency. The higher the SEER rating (ranges from 13 to 26), the more efficient the unit.
- HSPF (Heating Season Performance Factor): HSPF measures your unit’s heating efficiency. The higher the HSPF rating (ranges from 8.2 to 10), the more efficient the unit.
- Two-stage compressor: This means the heat pump’s compressor, the part that circulates the refrigerant, has 2 operating capacities. This additional capacity makes two-stage units more efficient than single-stage units, which have only 1 operating capacity.
- Variable-speed technology: You can upgrade your heat pump to include a variable-speed blower motor and/or compressor. Variable-speed technology allows your blower motor or compressor to run at any capacity, making your heat pump super efficient.
We make furnace installations easy for you
Every little thing we do, we do to make your life easier. That’s why we offer:
We install your furnace when it’s convenient for you, not us. That’s why we offer service late at night and on the weekends.
We’re a well-oiled machine when it comes to furnace installations, which is why our install times are much shorter than other companies.
No cut corners
Because we focus on the quality of the installation, instead of pushing a particular brand, your furnace will be installed the right way.