Signs you need a new AC
You most likely need a need to replace your current AC if it:
- Is more than 10 years old. Most air conditioners only last 10–15 years. If yours is approaching”old age”, you might want to consider replacing it.
- Has needed a lot of repairs lately. Repair costs add up quickly. Here’s a little tip: If the cost of a repair multiplied by your AC’s age is more than the cost of a new unit, the repair probably isn’t worth it.
- Is increasing your energy bills. Air conditioners tend to lose efficiency as they get older. As the unit suffers more wear and tear, it has to work harder (and use more energy) to cool your home.
- Has an expired warranty. If your warranty is no longer valid, the manufacturer won’t guarantee the parts on your AC. That means you’re stuck paying for all repairs out of pocket, which usually isn’t worth it compared to getting a new unit.
Learn more about when to replace your AC in our blog, “How Do I Know My Air Conditioner Has Seen Its Final Days?“
How your AC installation works
1) Schedule your appointment
Call us at (704) 357-0484 or schedule an appointment online (we’ll get back to you ASAP). You’ll get a confirmation email with your appointment day and time. We’ll send you a picture of your tech when they’re on the way, so you know who to keep an eye out for.
2) Choose your system
One of our AC techs will come size your home to make sure you get a perfectly sized AC. Then, you’ll decide which system option you want (we’ll give you a few).
3) Get your air conditioner installed
We’ve been doing this since 1958, so we’re a well-oiled machine when it comes to installing air conditioners. Your tech will install your new system either that same day or the next—without cutting corners, of course.
4) Tell us how we did
We want to hear how our team did—whether it’s good or bad. After your installation, we’ll make sure you have the chance to talk with us about your service.
Air conditioner terms you should know
If you’ve been looking for a new AC, you’ve probably seen a lot of unfamiliar terms. We’ll explain some of the lingo for you.
- Tonnage and BTUs (British Thermal Units): Central air conditioners are sized in tons and BTUs (1 ton = 12,000 BTUs). The higher the tonnage and BTUs (ranging from 1 ton/12,000 BTUs to 5 tons/60,000 BTUs), the more powerful the unit. What size BTU/tonnage you need depends on the size of your home and a lot of other factors. A professional will need to perform what’s called a “load calculation” to find the correct size.
- SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio): SEER measures an air conditioner’s efficiency. The higher the SEER rating (ranges from 13 to 26), the more efficient the AC.
- Two-speed blower motor: When you upgrade to a two-speed AC, your blower motor has 2 operating speeds (HIGH and LOW), instead of 1 (ON) like single-speed units. This extra operating speed allows your unit to provide higher comfort levels and more efficient cooling.
- Variable-speed technology: You can upgrade your AC to include a variable-speed compressor and/or blower motor. This means your compressor or blower motor can operate at just about any speed, making your air conditioner much more efficient than standard units.
We make air conditioner installations easy for you
Every little thing we do, we do to make your life easier. That’s why we offer:
With late-night and weekend service available, you’ll get your AC installed on your schedule, not ours.
When it comes to installing central air conditioners, we’re a well-oiled machine. That’s why our install times are much shorter than other companies.
No cut corners
We focus on the quality of the installation, not pushing a particular brand. That means your AC will be installed the right way.