Signs you need a drain cleaning service
You likely need a drain cleaning if you notice:
- Slow-draining or backed up water. This is the clearest sign your drain needs to be cleaned. If you have water backed up in more than one fixture, you probably have a clog in your main water line (not a secondary drain line).
- Gurgling or bubbling drains. Water shouldn’t make a lot of noise when is goes down your drain. If it does, that usually means it’s passing over or through a clog.
- Foul odors coming from your fixtures. If you have a clog, all of the food and waste that goes down your drain will just sit in and stink up your plumbing.
- Frequent clogs. A clog every once in awhile is normal. But if you find yourself calling your plumber to unclog drains regularly, you can probably expect a larger, more expensive drain clearing in the near future.
How Your Drain Clearing Repair Works
1) Schedule your appointment
Call us at (704) 357-0484 or contact us online (we’ll get back to you within 5 minutes) to schedule an appointment day and time that works for you. You’ll get a confirmation email with a picture of your tech, so you know who’s coming to your home.
2) Get your Drain Cleared Fast
We know a clogged drain can be hard on your schedule. That’s why we keep our trucks fully stocked with tools and parts—so we’re prepared to fix your plumbing in a single visit. You rarely have to book a second appointment with us.
3) Tell us how we did
If you’re less than happy with our service, we want to hear about it. After your repair, we’ll make sure you have the chance to talk with us if you had an issue with anything.
Drain cleaning: Cabling vs hydro jetting
When clearing a drain, a plumber will use 1 of 2 methods:
- Drain cabling: Uses a drain cleaning cable machine, also called a “snake” or “auger”. Ranging from basic handheld models that remove sink drain clogs to motorized ones that cut through stubborn sewer clogs, drain cable machines work best for clogs from:
- Toilet paper
- Hygiene products
- Small tree roots
- Lawn debris
- Hydro jetting: Uses a hydro jetter, a machine that sprays a high-powered stream of water to cut through clogs. Hydro jetting is typically used on “FOG” clogs (caused by fat, oil, grease or other sludge), but can be powerful enough to cut through clogs caused by dense tree roots.
Your plumber will decide which method to use based on what your clog is made of and where it’s located.
STOP! Don’t try to fix that clogged drain yourself!
Many DIY methods of unclogging drains can actually make the damage worse. The chemicals advertised on TV and sold in hardware and home improvement stores are harsh. They can even cause severe corrosion issues.
It may seem easy, but unclogging an obstructed drain isn’t as simple as you may think. If your drain is severely clogged, you need professional assistance.
Get Unclogged Fast
Clogged Sinks and toilets are never fun. A plunger or bottle of drain-o are many homeowners’ “Go-To” …but clogs aren’t always easy fixes. Actually, D.I.Y. options can sometimes make the problem even worse!
Your plumbing system is a maze of pipes working throughout and under your home. What may seem like a simple clogged sink or toilet can easily be an early sign of a much bigger issues below the surface. Instead of taking the D.I.Y. road and possibly masking a bigger problem with a temporary bandaid, having a professional take care of your clog may save you time, money and a LOT of hassle! Especially if an issue seems to keep repeating itself, don’t wait too long before contacting a professional! If you’re ever unsure about an issue give us a call, and we will get a certified plumber out to your house to investigate.
Don’t Wait Til It Becomes an Even Bigger Issue!
Morris-Jenkins plumbers have the tools and equipment to fix your problem the RIGHT way, without causing damage to other parts of your home’s plumbing. We’ll unclog up to 75 feet! *With proper access **Does not include storm drains
Take advantage of our Drain Cabling Special for just $77. A Morris-Jenkins Plumber will get you unclogged and make sure your water’s flowing in the right direction. A slow drain can become a leaking pipe pretty quickly, so don’t wait until your problem gets even bigger! Schedule your appointment today!
Take advantage of our limited-time drain cleaning special – click here to schedule today!