Signs That You Need Garbage Disposal Repair
Your garbage disposal is gonna tell you when it needs to be repaired. It might not say it in so many words, but there are gonna be signs right away. Some of these signs include:
- Rattling Noises: If a part gets loose, it’ll rattle around when you try to run the disposal. You’ll hear a metal-on-metal sound that’ll make you wanna turn your disposal off right away. Your instincts are right. Rattling means you should call as soon as you can for repairs.
- Humming Noises: A humming sound might seem less dangerous at first, but usually it means something’s jammed up in the blades. If you keep running it while the blades are stuck, the motor is gonna burn out. Shut off your disposal right away and call Morris-Jenkins.
- Bad Sink Odors: Bad sink odors can come from chunks of food that your disposal can’t grind up. The blades might be dull or the motor might be weak. Either way, it means it needs repairs.
- Clogged Sink: If your disposal isn’t working right, it’s gonna clog up the sink. Especially if you keep feeding food into it. Some types of food can swell up or slip through the blades and cause clogs, so be careful what ends up in the garbage disposal.
- Dishwasher Problems: They might not seem related, but most dishwashers drain into the garbage disposal before heading down the pipes. If your dishwasher isn’t draining, there’s a chance you have a problem with your garbage disposal. It’s the first thing you’ll wanna check when your dishwasher has standing water.