Troubleshooting Your Garbage Disposal Problems
You’re probably here browsing for garbage disposal repairs because of something strange your garbage disposal has been doing. Chances are, when your garbage disposal needs help, you’re gonna notice. But it’s always helpful to know what to look out for so you can call for repairs quickly. You should call Morris-Jenkins if you’ve started to notice any of these problems:
- Strange noises: You can expect your disposal to make a few sounds even when it’s working normally. But as soon as those sounds change or they get too loud, you’ll know you need to call for garbage disposal repairs.
- Clogs that keep coming back: You’ll probably get a few clogs in your sink over the years. But if your sink is getting clogged up every week, your garbage disposal might not be doing its job well anymore.
- Leaks under the sink: Sometimes things can get a little loose in your plumbing. Piping connections can come apart and cause leaks under your sink. It happens with garbage disposals a lot and we can come in and fix the problem. If there’s a crack in your garbage disposal, you might need to have it replaced.
- Humming sounds: When your garbage disposal is jammed up with rust, build-up, or stringy foods, it might make a humming noise. If you notice this noise, make sure to not keep running it since you might hurt the motor. Just give us a call!
Keeping the Repairs Away!
Most garbage disposals need repairs eventually. But you can keep them away for a lot longer by making sure you’re treating your disposal right. If you just put something down your disposal that shouldn’t be there, don’t worry about it! Not everyone can memorize the long list of things that shouldn’t go in a garbage disposal. We’ll just put the list here so you can check back whenever you’re not sure if something is okay or not. Things that shouldn’t go down your disposal are:
- Stringy vegetables like celery or asparagus
- Coffee grounds
- Foods that expand in water (rice, pasta, oats, bread, etc.)
- Shrimp shells
- Vegetable peelings (potato peels, carrots peelings, etc.)
- Grease and oil
- Fruit pits
- Non-food items
- Clog removal chemicals
Our Garbage Disposal Repair Services
None of us can be perfect all the time. Sometimes these things in the list up above end up in your disposal. Plus, even if you do perfectly follow the rules, you can still get garbage disposal problems. That’s where our services at Morris-Jenkins come in. It doesn’t matter why you have the problem. We’re not gonna make you feel guilty about your mistakes like a strict schoolteacher. We’ll just come and fix the problem.
If you’re on a little bit of a tight schedule, don’t worry about it! We have same-day services so your garbage disposal won’t be out of commission for very long. Plus, you can schedule with us just about any time that works for you! Do you need an appointment in the evening or on the weekend? We’re open til midnight every day with no extra charge for those times.
Our Plumbers Make it Easy
If you’ve ever met one of our plumbers around town, you’ll know that they’re some of the nicest people around. Everyone here cares a lot about helping other folks out. That’s why you won’t ever see us doing the bare minimum and then leaving as fast as we can. We wanna get the job done right so you don’t have any problems again for a long time.
Repairs aren’t always straightforward. Sometimes, you’ll have the option to repair your garbage disposal or have it replaced. If you’re on the fence about it, you don’t have to try to figure it out on your own! Our plumbers are on your side and wanna help you do the best thing for your home. You’ll always get straightforward advice that has your situation in mind.
When your disposal starts having troubles, it can throw off your whole day. Let us get you back on track with our garbage disposal repairs in Fort Mill. Call us, fill out an online form, or text us today!