How to Tell if You Need a Water Heater Replacement
Sometimes, a repair is all you need to get your water heater working like new. Other times, a repair is just a band-aid for a bigger problem, and it’s only a matter of time before things go wrong again. How can you tell if it would be better overall to replace your water heater instead of repairing it?
- Your water heater is 10-15 years old.
- Your utility bills have gone up. This happens when your water heater isn’t running efficiently.
- Your water heater needs frequent repairs. Sometimes, it’s cheaper in the long run to replace the unit.
- Your gas water heater constantly needs the pilot light relit.
- It takes forever for you to get hot water (or you never get any at all!).
- Water is pooling on the floor beneath your heater. Definitely don’t wait if you notice this one! A small leak can turn into a big mess FAST.
- Instead of hot water, you get lukewarm water.
- Water is dripping from the pipe on the side of your water heater.
Do these problems sound too familiar? Time to call a professional plumber! And who better than the experts at Morris-Jenkins? Whether you’re interested in a repair, or you think it might be time to install a new water heater, our plumbers have everything they need to figure out the best options for your family. We’ll make sure all your questions are answered. Then, it’s up to you what you’d like us to do next!
Don’t DIY – Call the Pros!
There are some plumbing projects around your house that you might be able to safely do on your own, but installing a water heater is one you probably shouldn’t even attempt. It requires special tools and experience. If it’s not done right, it could be dangerous for you and your family.
For example, if the gas line isn’t hooked up right, you could end up with a gas leak. It’s also important that the venting for flue gases is installed correctly. That’s what expels carbon monoxide so it doesn’t get in your family’s home! There are also all kinds of safety devices to install that protect your water heater against thermal expansion, plus a pressure relief valve that prevents the possible rupturing of the tank. Feeling overwhelmed? That’s exactly why you should leave it up to our plumbers to take care of all that! We’ll install it the right way so you don’t have to worry about all those stressful details.
Tankless Water Heater Installation in Gastonia
How would you like to take a shower with UNLIMITED hot water? Sounds impossible, right? It’s actually totally possible with the help of a Morris-Jenkins plumber! What you’re looking for is called a tankless water heater, and they’re really, really cool. With a tankless water heater, you can:
- Save money on your gas bill. A tankless water heater doesn’t need to keep a full tank of water hot and ready at all times. It only heats water when you need it to.
- Have fresh hot water whenever. With a traditional tank water heater, the water sits in the tank until you’re ready to use it. Tankless water heaters only pull water when you turn on a faucet.
- Prevent disastrous leaks. Unfortunately, things wear down over time. That’s true of a tank water heater and of a tankless. The big difference is the mess they make. Traditional water heaters can cause a lot of water damage when they leak. Tankless water heaters, on the other hand, hardly do more than drip a little.
While tankless water heaters aren’t as common as traditional tank heaters, they’ve got a lot of great benefits that make the switch worth it!
We Make It Easy to Schedule Water Heater Installs in Gastonia
No one likes scheduling plumbing appointments. We get it! With most companies, you have to clear your schedule and wait around the house all day because they gave you some huge time span and no warning on exactly when you can expect them. We respect your time too much for that. Our time windows are much shorter, and we give you a call 30 minutes before you can expect us.
What if you can’t take off work to be home? Don’t worry! We offer weekend and evening appointments at NO extra cost. We’re here til midnight EVERY day (even holidays). When you’re ready to schedule, just give us a call, text us, or chat with us on our website.
Did anyone tell you yet? We offer same day service! That means, when you call us because you’re tired of cold showers, our plumbers can almost always get out to you the very same day you call. You shouldn’t have to wait for weeks. You rely on hot water in a lot of your daily tasks! We wanna make sure to get you back to what’s important to you as fast as possible
Looking for a Family-Owned Plumbing Company Nearby?
Morris-Jenkins is family-owned and local! We’ve only got one office (it’s in South Charlotte), and all of our employees are from the Carolinas, too. When you call us out for water heater installations, not only will you talk to a real Morris-Jenkins employee (not an answering machine), but there’s even a chance you’ll get in touch with someone who lives in Gastonia, just like you!