When Should You Call Morris-Jenkins?
We love hearing from you any time. It’s great to be able to catch up and find out how things are going in Kannapolis. But if you’re calling, it’s probably not just to chit-chat. It usually means there’s a big problem at your house. We always want you to call as soon as you notice any problems in your sewer line. We’ve put together some of the most common problems you might come across:
- Soggy or lush patches in your yard: When sewer lines under your lawn get cracked and start leaking, all that water isn’t gonna just disappear. Instead, it’ll probably end up causing a mini swamp in your yard. If it’s a smaller sewer line leak, you might notice a patch that’s a little greener than everything around it. While lush grass is pretty to look at, the sewer leak that caused it won’t be. Give us a call!
- Foul odors inside and outside: If you wake up one morning to a musty odor, take a quick look at your walls and ceiling. You might find some brown patches or wet spots that are coming from a leak in your walls. Any foul odors that don’t have a source should be checked out by our plumbers.
- Sewer backups: When you flush the toilet, you want everything to disappear into your sewer line. What you don’t want is to have the water come gurgling back up into the bathtub. If that’s happening, don’t waste a second! Call us up so we can fix your sewer line.
- Clogs in several areas: If you get some food trapped in the kitchen drain, it’s gonna clog up one sink. But if more than one sink or tub is having trouble draining, you’ve got problems in your sewer line.
Sewer Line Repair vs Replacement
Sometimes things happen. Grease gets trapped in a small section of sewer line, or a thirsty tree root finds its way into one of your pipes. In these cases, it’s usually just one area that’s causing a problem. That’s when you need a sewer line repair.
Sewer line replacements are something we save for the big stuff. Replacements are for whole sewer lines that are corroded and springing leaks. This could happen if your sewer line is old or if it was made from materials that didn’t stand the test of time. In this situation, you could still have problems repaired as they showed up, but it’s gonna be more worth your time and money to have the whole thing replaced.
What’s Behind Your Sewer Line Damage?
If your sewer line needs repairs, you may be wondering what got you into this situation in the first place. It’s usually not anything you’ve done. Usually, the damage comes from old age, corrosion, and tree roots. However, there are two traps that lots of homeowners fall into that can cause sewer line problems:
- Using chemical clog removers: If your first reaction to a clog is to pull out your bottle of drain cleaning liquid, we don’t blame you. After all, it seems like a fast solution. But those products can corrode your sewer line.
- Putting grease, oil, or anything besides toilet paper into the sewer lines: Bacon grease, butter, and other fats and oils shouldn’t go down the drain. You should also never flush anything that’s not toilet paper or waste down the toilet. That includes paper towels, wipes, and kleenex.
Sewer Line Repairs at Morris-Jenkins
If you have a small section of piping that needs to be fixed, there’s no need to dig up your entire sewer line. We have drain cameras for that! We wanna dig up as little of your yard as possible, so we use our technology to find the leak. We’ll go in and fix the problem, and then we’ll put your dirt back. We’ll even put some grass seed on so that your yard looks normal again as soon as possible.
If you need sewer line repairs in Kannapolis, we’re open til midnight every day for repairs. Give us a call, send us a text, or fill out a form online.
Take advantage of our limited-time drain cleaning special – click here to schedule today!