What Are the Pros and Cons of Tankless Water Heaters?
Tankless water heaters are a good choice for lots of different situations. Knowing some of the pros and cons can help when you’re trying to make a decision. Here’s the list we go through when we’re helping families decide on a tankless water heater upgrade:
- Tankless water heaters need less energy to run. After all, they don’t store hot water.
- They’re small and can be installed almost anywhere: under a sink, on the wall, outside the home, or on a patio.
- They keep heating water as long as you need them to. You can run a hot bath and do the dishes right afterward without worrying about not having hot water.
- They last about 20 years (twice as long as a tank water heater.)
- They have a higher upfront cost than a tank water heater
- They can’t keep up with too big of a load. Most systems can’t produce consistent hot water when the laundry machine, dishwasher, and shower are all running at the same time.
Too hard to decide? We get it, and we’re here to help. We have lots of advice to help you pick and we love coming up with solutions that are perfect for you.
Gas Vs. Electric
Are Gas or Electric Water Heaters Better?
This can be a hard question to answer without knowing all of the details of your situation. But if you have an older house in Kannapolis, your electrical panel probably isn’t built to handle an electric tankless water heater. If you’re not ready to upgrade your panel, you can stick to a gas system. We can repair any tankless water heater but we only install gas tankless water heaters in Kannapolis. You’ll also need to think about the size of your new system. We’ll talk with you about how many people are in your household and how much hot water you think you’ll need from your new water heater. We’re great at finding and providing the perfect systems for every home.
What to Expect From Your Installation
Your situation is gonna be different from your neighbor’s, so we start off our tankless water heater installations with a free in-home estimate. This is to help you choose a system and get you all the info you need about installation day.
You should set aside 4-6 hours for the project to get done. But before we get to your door, you’ll know our plumbers’ faces and a little bit about them thanks to our plumber bios. You might even get a plumber who lives in Kannapolis, too! We’re all local, and everyone here is friendly. It’ll feel like you’ve known us forever.
Short On Time? We’ll Work With Your Schedule
Tankless water heater upgrades are a bigger job than a faucet repair or a clogged toilet. But that doesn’t mean it has to throw off your whole week. We’re not gonna make you go way out of your way to get the project done because we’ll always work with your schedule. You can find a time that’s convenient for you, whether that’s on the weekend, in the morning, or in the evening.
At Morris-Jenkins, we wanna do this right. We’re happy you’ve reached out to us because we’ll install a system that’ll last for years to come. If you’re ready to get the most out of your water heater, it might be time to upgrade to a tankless system! Fill out a form online, call, or text us today.