Signs Your AC Needs to Be Repaired
You probably need an air conditioner repair if your unit:
- Isn’t turning on. This usually means a problem with the thermostat or a tripped circuit breaker. If you flip the breaker and it keeps tripping, don’t keep switching it back. You might overload your electrical panel.
- Is making odd sounds. A strange noise is the most obvious sign your AC needs a repair. If it’s a gurgling or hissing sound, you could have a refrigerant leak. A grinding or screeching noise usually means a problem with the air handler.
- Has weak airflow. If the air coming from your vents seems weaker than normal, you could have an issue with the blower motor or fan belt.
- Is covered in ice. Ice on your outdoor unit usually means you either have airflow issues or a refrigerant leak.
- Turns on and off a lot. Your AC should run for long periods of time. If it’s turning on and off sporadically, that could mean airflow issues or a problem with the thermostat. It could also mean you have an oversized unit that’s short cycling. In that case, you’re usually better off replacing your unit.
- Is surrounded by water. Water pooling around your unit typically means you have a clog in your condensate line, which is the pipe that removes condensation from your central air conditioner.
How Your Air Conditioner Repair Works
1) Schedule your appointment
Call us at (704) 357-0484 or schedule an appointment online (we’ll get back to you ASAP). You’ll get a confirmation email with your appointment day and time. We’ll send you a picture of your tech when they’re on the way, so you know who’s coming to your home.
2) Get your AC fixed—fast
We know an air conditioner repair can be hard on your schedule. That’s why we keep our trucks fully stocked with tools and parts—so we’re prepared to fix your AC in just one visit. You rarely have to book a second appointment with us.
3) Tell us how we did
Not happy with our service? We want to hear about it. After your repair, we’ll make sure you have the chance to talk with us if you had an issue with anything.