Signs your gas pack needs to be repaired
Wondering if your gas pack (also called a package unit) is calling for help? Look out for these signs:
- It won’t turn on. If your gas pack isn’t turning on at all, it could be a number of things, like a tripped circuit breaker or a thermostat issue. If your breaker keeps tripping, DON’T keep turning it back on! You could overload your electrical panel and end up with an even bigger problem.
- It has weak airflow. If you don’t feel much air coming from the vents in your home, it could be an issue with your gas pack’s fan belt or motor.
- It’s making weird noises. Any strange sounds like banging or scraping is a sign your gas pack needs repairs!
- It turns on and off a lot. Your gas pack should run slow and steady. If it’s turning on and off a lot, that’s not normal! You could have airflow problems, something could be wrong with the thermostat, or maybe the unit isn’t the right size for your home.
- It’s blowing cool air. If you’re trying to heat your home and your gas pack is blowing out cool air, there might be something wrong with your thermocouple or pilot light.