Signs You Need a Water Heater Repair in Gastonia
You must have Googled “water heater repairs near me” or “water heater repairs in Gastonia” if you found this page! That means you already have a sneaking suspicion that your water heater isn’t working like it should. But how can you know for sure? Here are some of the most common signs your water heater needs a repair:
- You don’t have enough (or any!) hot water. This could mean you’ve got a faulty burner (if your unit uses gas) or a fault heating element (if your unit is electric). It could also mean mineral deposits are building up around the heating element, preventing it from properly heating your water.
- Your water pressure is low. If you’re noticing low hot water pressure on multiple plumbing fixtures, it could mean you have a problem with a distribution line. More often than not though, the problem is caused by mineral deposits building up in your pipes, reducing the pressure coming from your tank.
- Your water heater is making weird noises. Do you hear popping or crackling sounds? You might have mineral deposits building up inside your tank! You’ll need a plumber in order to flush those out.
- Your water heater is leaking. This might sound obvious, but if your water heater is leaking (even just a little), don’t wait for things to get worse!
Do these sound like what you’ve been dealing with? It’s time to call a professional! And who better than the experts at Morris-Jenkins!
DIY Water Heater Repairs
You wanna know if you can fix your broken water heater yourself, and we get that! There are a few common issues that are easy to troubleshoot on your own:
- Check to see if your water heater has fuel. If you have a gas water heater, make sure the gas supply valve is switched ON and your pilot light is lit. If you have an electric water heater, make sure it’s plugged in and the circuit breaker it’s connected to didn’t get switched to OFF.
- Did the reset button trip? Electric water heaters have a high-temperature cutoff (also called a high-limit switch) that flips off when water inside your tank exceeds 180°F. This switch protects you and your family from scalding water! Pressing the button should reset your water heater, but if the switch flips again, something is wrong and it’s time to call a professional.
Still having issues? Don’t panic! We have plumbers available in Gastonia every day (including weekends!) til midnight, so we can get your family the hot water you need right away.
Water Heater Repairs in Gastonia
It can be tricky finding a plumber in Gastonia who can repair tankless water heaters! Tankless water heaters have only recently grown in popularity, so not all plumbers out there have been trained in how to properly repair them. Because we understand how frustrating it can be to struggle to find help, we make sure our plumbers are tankless water heater pros!
Licensed Plumbers in Gastonia
Even our most experienced plumbers go through ongoing training to make sure they always know the best ways to serve your family! Our plumbers also come with fully stocked trucks, so we can almost always repair your water heater the same day we come. No need to suffer through more cold showers!